Tuesday, February 6, 2007

MMFF Rules!

I have nothing against the promotion of Filipino movies, nor the strengthening of the Philippine movie industry. The purpose of this article is just to give my opinion regarding the Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF) during the Christmas break. I heard many reactions on which film will be a blockbuster. Some of the entries are Enteng Kabisote, Kasal Kasali Kasalo, Shake Rattle and Roll, Mano Po and others…
Ofcourse my choice was kasal kasali kasalo, I’m not a fan of Judy ann but I really like the story compared to Enteng Kabisote which won a lot of awards…

I think some of our Filipino actors are the best in the world, and can hold their own against the best of Hollywood. The same goes for Filipino scriptwriters, directors, cinematographers... well, you get the picture.However, I will not be forced into supporting some film festival that promotes Filipino movies by depriving me of the right to choose whether to patronize these movies or not-- which is what the Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF) does every year when all of Metro Manila's theaters are obliged to show nothing but the MMFF's entries. Anyways what are the criteria of MMFF in choosing the best film? from audience Impact? Best used-effects? How?
If I hear good things about an MMFF movie from people with good taste, I'm going to watch that MMFF movie. In fact, if an MMFF movie has a great-looking poster and and just sounds interesting people will tell others that you should watch this and that,, well in fact we have different tastes in choosing what movie is the best.
Enteng Kabisote is on the first list because of the image of the lead character (Vic Sotto). Children really idolized Vic because of his previous movies that won also the heart of most Filipinos young and old alike.

6 comments:

ReNddY RoSe said...

I'am not a fan of Judy Ann Santos either but I also love the movie Kasal Kasali Kasalo. Judy Ann give justice to her role as well as her co actors/actress. In times like the MMF it made the Philippine Movie Industry alive... Filipino artists are really good but it's just that in reality the Filipino still patronize foreign film...

The Filipino Movie Industry must continue to find ways on how to upgrade the standards of the Movie Industry.

Honestly I belong to still many Filipinos who support our own films...

gean nazer said...

every year... inaabangan talaga ang mga entries sa Manila film Festival

i could say that i am aslo one of those movie addicts na nagaabang sa MMFF.

i love filipino movies and i could say that watching them is helping the industry to promote movies of our own.

movies now uses technology that is why naging mas maganda ang mga movies that were being produced now..

In acting I could say that filipinos are the best. I have watched all these entries of MMFF and they wre all great. you could really noticed the improvement of Moviemaking in our country.

it is also one of my dream to direct one movie or if not,, to produce one movie or if not.. it is also my dream to act in one movie...:)

ronah_26 said...

I am actually a fan of Vic Sotto but I didn't have the chance to watch Enteng Kabisote. I heard from some of my relatives that this is actually a good movie. Well I suppose that this is really a good movie for them because they seem so satisfied after watching the film. We cannot argue with their opinion. Maybe for them, that was good but for some, it was not. As you've said, each has a different taste when it comes to choices. Nobody can actually tell me that a certain movie is not good or the burger at Jollibee doesn't taste good if I firmly believe that these are good enough. These things could even be perfect for me while for some these could be the worst. In short, it's only a matter of respect for the choices of others.

m r y n c r z said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
m r y n c r z said...

you may think i am a deviant comentator but i would just like to say my opinions. first, i dont belive in mmff. i think the awards are being manipulated. second, kasal kasali kasalo shoudve got the box office awrd since it got the most major awards. third, its a good thing that indi films are on the rise. just to put a stop on mother lily or whoever overrated producer of typical stereo type films. oo, marami ng nagbago sa techniques sa pag gawa ng pelikula pero ang mga gumagawa and ng proproduce nito pareho lang. kaya hindi tayo umaasenso. takot sila sa pagbabago. this years mmff was for me the most unsenssible not worth to be proud of event.most of the stories were typical. nabenta na mga yan e..efects,heroes,chinese clan... i had enough of that. i just hope this years mmff wil be different. filipinos are witty. they could and will accpt changes.

almex said...

To tell you the truth, Filipino movies are near death because of the existence of the Hollywood movies. The MMFF during Christmas is one way of promoting and strengthening the Filipino movies. We are exposing ourselves in too many Hollywood movies during January to November, so I assumed that December is the time to give yourself a break and open your eyes that Filipino movies are existing. The MMFF happens once in a year but sadly it is tainted with negative critics, it is full of controversies. Instead of building up the quality of our movies, there are these people who keep on pulling it down. There are many Production Company, directors and producers who spend too much money just to promote Filipino movies. So they deserve to be watch. It doesn’t matter what movie has a good advertisement, it is the story matters and the values you acquire.