Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Why is Mike Arroyo always linked to corruption?

There’s a joke i received before on my phone but I think it’ s just an old joke by texters, it goes like this…A man enters the confessional booth and says, "Bless me father for I have sinned." The priest,seated behind a screen, asks, "What are your sins?" The man responds, "I'm a liar, a gambler, a drunkard, a womanizer, I take bribes . . ." The priest interrupts, "Erap, is bthat you?" "No," says the man. "This is Mike."

It is not surprising to received jokes about erap I actually received a lot of funny jokes about him about his wrong grammars and being a Mr. Bean attitude. These jokes are not all true but somewhat shows the image of some political individuals like erap and mike.

Ex-President Joseph "Erap" Estrada and Jose Miguel "Mike"
Arroyo, the husband of Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo, have something in common. I know you already knew what I mean… Yes Corruption allegationhs!!!

The political public is ready to believe things like this because the behaviour of Mike Arroyo in the
past has spread the perception that he is disposed to this kind of thing.

As the First Gentleman, Mike Arroyo's official duties include conducting various
charity projects and hosting a weekly show on the radio and another on television. He
swears he has no plans ever to run for office himself.

However, the responsibility for preventing corruption--and the perception
of it--lies with the people. People have the freedom to believe whether the allegations are true…. Me? Ahmmm not yet decided I should prove first before I judge!!!

5 comments:

lawdenmarc said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
fridiane anne said...

hello, actually i don't know why he's always linked to corruption but i guess it's pretty obvious. we do not have to read between the lines jst to understand why he is always judged by other people. i can never put myself in his shoes because i'll feel so useless.

Cris Mendoza said...

On our present condition today, I do'n think that there is no politician being called corrupt. If you will or are a politican expect that people will see you as a corrupt official like Mike Arroyo. Especially he is the husband of our president. Let's always remember not to immitate their wrong doings!

lawdenmarc said...

Maybe it can be distinguished to his appearance that a filthy rich businessman is porking out bones in the barn.

Bank on it!

joanspring said...

Well it’s the same question I ask myself about, why is the first gentleman always linked to dirty issues like corruption and womanizing? I mean whether true or not bottom line is it does not make any good impact on the reputation of his wife who happens to be the president of this country. He could simply deny everything but does he really think he could still gain the trust of the people? Well politics has never change, it’s been this way for quite sometime, I hope the people are doing something about it. I mean more than anyone else it’s us who could do something about it, I just hope it’s too late to move yet.